Monday 25 November 2013

Lucy lands Castle role

We advise all our Hospitality students to undertake a work placement to help their future career prospects.

Lucy Haydock is currently undertaking a 48-week internship at Peckforton Castle, Tarporley, and is the first ever student to work on placement there.

Lucy took time out from her busy schedule to tell us more: "I applied to several hotels in the area as I live in Cheshire and wanted a placement close to home.

"These included Carden Park Hotel and The Mere Golf Resort who both offered me a placement. However, I felt Peckforton Castle would be the best fit.

"I wrote directly to Michael Auld, the Hotel Manager asking him if he would be willing to take me on placement for a year, via a cover letter and including my CV. I had a interview with him and he was happy to do this and offered me a job as a Management trainee.

"I'm working through different departments in the hotel spending 3-4 months in each area. So far I've worked in the 3 rosette restaurant, the conferencing and banqueting department and I'll soon be moving onto reception.

"This placement fits with my course as it is in the hospitality sector, but also fits in with my future career plan as I aim to run my own hotel or B&B. By working in all these areas I'm gaining experience in a variety of roles helping me gain knowledge I can use in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment