Friday 17 July 2015

Margarita wins coveted excellence award

UCLan International Hospitality Management graduate Margarita Martinez-Ortiz is celebrating after winning an award for academic excellence.

The Division of Tourism, Hospitality and Events Excellence Prize is awarded for outstanding academic achievement across the three programme areas.

Margarita progressed onto our degree after successfully completing a Foundation Degree in Business at UCLan. During her time on the course Margarita gained additional experience with Marriott International and also with a well-known national restaurant chain.
She explored corporate hospitality and events in her second year and after running her first live event she secured a placement as an Event Coordinator for a high-profile international conference and exhibition in Manchester.

She commented: "I absolutely loved the experience because it enabled me to use my Hospitality and Events skills. Besides gaining incredible work experience, the placement taught me I can achieve much more than I think I'm capable of.

"Sometimes you've just got to take the challenge and you'll figure it out on the way. During my time on placement I discovered my greatest passion and strengths were in the areas of marketing and sales, and it's in this specific area that I'll begin my career."

No comments:

Post a Comment